"I like the form follows function design concept and so does nature. In this design, inspired by the angle shades moth, the center triangle, the “body”, naturally creates a shaping for the “wings”, making the shawl easier to wear. And the mitered triangles take full advantage of the color in the yarns, adding a little ornament to the form." Designed by Sara Lucas.
- Freia Fine Handpaint Ombré Merino Fingering Shawl Ball 100g/430 yards (2).
- Shown in Chinook (background) and Byzantine (foreground)
- Suggested Needle Size 4mm, US 6 28" circular needles, crochet hook for fringe, a tapestry needle for finishing.
- Finished dimensions in yarn as shown: approximately 64” wingspan and 18” deep.
- Required Skills: Knit, increasing, decreasing.
- Pattern delivered as a PDF download.