Bambino Baby Blanket
Bambino brings together two of my favorite stitch patterns – the zigzag and the fan and feather. Both patterns are created with increasing and decreasing your stitches but one has a very different look from the other. Both are easy enough to memorize to make this a fun, casual knitting project. Add in the bright and colorful gradient minikins in a plump, sportweight superwash yarn and you get a perfect little baby blanket. I’ve given you size options to go smaller or larger, but there is really no limit (go ahead – make that wild King size bedspread, I know it’s on my list!).
- Shown using 10 superwash sport Minikins
- Needle: 4.5mm, US7 24" or longer circular needle
- Gauge 22 sts/ 20 rows over 4" in pattern
- Size: Approx. 30" wide and 34" tall after blocking
- Required Skills: Knit, Purl, Increasing, Decreasing
- Pattern delivered as a PDF download.
Color sequence in sample shown (from bottom to top):
Color A: Pixie (bottom and top triangles), followed by: Aurora, Harvest, Sirocco, Aswan, Giza, Canyon, Coho, Metropolis, Maple.