- Oscilla Slip Stitch Cowl and Hat Pattern
Oscilla Slip Stitch Cowl and Hat Pattern
I named this pattern Oscilla as the rhythmic slipstitch repeat is like a slow wave or oscillation as you work the stitches along each round. This is an easy to follow pattern, using only one yarn at a time. Slipstitch (also known as Mosaic Knitting) is when you only work certain stitches on each row or round, then with your second color, work the slipped stitches on the following round. This create a fairisle look without having to worry about tension issues, while still creating a warm and lofty piece. This is suitable for any advanced beginner and up, involving knits, purls and slip stitches with K2tog and Central Double Decreases (explained in pattern) in the hat. Designed by Tina Whitmore
- Shown here worked up in assorted options of Six Freia Yarns Ombré Minikins – 25g each (approx. 107 yards per ball)
- US 5 / 4mm circular needles (16" and 20") (adjust as needed for gauge)
- Hat approx 9 1/2” tall, 19” circumference
- Cowl 12 1/2" tall, 25" circumference
- Written and charted instructions
- Skills: Knit, purl
- Kits coming soon!
Pattern delivered as a PDF download.