Ruffle and Twist
Inspired by a type of medieval veil, the pleated (or goffered) edge of this crescent shaped scarf adds interest, whimsy and texture to a functional and fashionable accessory. The scarf is knit lengthwise, using short-rows and increases for shaping. A unique twisted edging at the neck takes advantage of the natural tendency of knit fabric to roll to provide a finished and feminine hem. Knit with just one of our super-soft Shawl Balls, this will quickly become one of your favorite pieces! Designed by Heidi Schultz.
- One Freia Fine Handpaint Shawl Ball 100g/430 yds, shown in Vamp.
- Size 3.5mm, US4 36" long (or longer) circular needles, stitch markers, tapestry needle.
- Finished size approx. 65 wingspan, 6" deep.
- 6 sts/inch unblocked, this shawl will grow about 20% after blocking.
- Skills: Knit, Purl
- Pattern delivered as a PDF download.