The Highlands Scarf is inspired by the expansive views of the infinite rolling hills in the Berkshires where I live as well as my memories of travels through the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. That these mountains and valleys were linked a hundred million years ago is no surprise given their similar appearance.
As shown, the scarf calls for 9 minikins with the color sequence listed here first as color name and then starting color end:
Main Color / MC:
1. Aswan (green),
2. Mist (blue),
3. Cloud (light grey),
4. Sobek (black),
5. Oyster (yellow),
6. Damask (tan)
Contrast Color / CC:
1. Canyon (brown),
2. Woodsman (blue/grey),
3. Harvest (brown)
I have chosen minikins that match color from one ball to the next and that also contrast strongly with the stripe colors.
For this pattern, with the short rows all worked in Garter stitch (K every row) you will not need to pick up the wraps as you would with short rows worked in stockinette stitch.
We have a limited number of kits available on Pre-Order (shipping early April) with the colors as shown - Kits will include a digital download of the pattern and are available to order here.
Designed by Tina Whitmore
- Finished size approximately 76” long and 14” wide ( cast-on edge to point).
- Knit at 23 sts and 46 rows over 4" in pattern stitch, before blocking.
- Suggested Needle Size US7 - 4.5mm and a tapestry needle for finishing.
- Required Skills: Knit, instructions given for simple short rows
- Notions: Tapestry needle
- Pattern delivered as a PDF download.