- Scarves, Shawls and Wraps
- Antherea Shawl
Antherea is a genus of moth which includes silk moths. The wingspan of the shawl echoes the curvature of the moths' wings while the ombre yarn provides the markings. The way shapes and colors combine in nature are a big source of inspiration for me, the world of insects is particularly rich in ideas. Designed by Heidi Schultz.
- Freia Fine Handpaint Ombre Merino Fingering Shawl Ball 100g/430 yds each. Shown in Woodsman (one ball) and Vintage (two balls) and Krypton (one ball)
- Size 3.5mm/US4 36" long (or longer) circular needles, 12 stitch markers, tapestry needle.
- Finished size
- one ball - approx 36" wingspan, 21" dep
- two balls - approx 48" wingspan, 28" deep
- 6 sts/inch unblocked. This shawl will grow about 20% after blocking.
- Skills: Knit, purl, yarn over.
- Pattern delivered as a PDF download.