Ombré (aka gradients)
Smooth, slow gradations are the signature of the Ombré color range. Ombré yarns come in:
- 200 gram balls in mulesing-free US Merino fingering Yarn Bombs
- 150 gram balls in super bulky wool (the only Super Bulky ombré available!)
- 150 gram balls in our new Superwash Shaniko Merino Worsted
- 100 gram balls in our Fingering Merino Shawl Balls
- 75 gram balls in wool or merino/silk worsted, sport and fingering
- 25 gram balls in fingering Merino Minikins and sport Superwash Minikins
We carefully transition five to eighteen or more colors per ball making for very long, yet still dramatic color changes. We suggest working from alternate ends of each ball as you go for smooth color transitions since every ball will begin and end with different colors. Seventy-six color palettes currently available.
Flux (aka self-striping)
Each 100 gram Merino Shawl Ball begins and ends with the same color, making for easy transitions from one ball to the next and leading to less waste. Flux Handpaints will have a base of about 8 colors per ball, though the dyes blend together and form additional colors. Each ball is unique but we dye in batches of at least 24, ensuring overall continuity through sweater quantities within a single dye lot. Twelve color palettes available in 100g fingering Shawl Balls and our SoleMate socks.
Coordinating with our Flux and Ombré lines is our range of 30 semi-solids. Each semi-solid will have subtle variations in shading and tone adding a depth and richness to the color not seen in mass-production yarns. Offered in 50 gram balls in our lace, and 100 gram worsted, sport and Merino Shawl Balls to match our Flux and Ombré lines. Combining our semi-solids with our other Handpaints give you a range of possibilities to fulfill your wildest crafting dreams!